I’ve been disconnected for almost a week. It’s been fun and it was for good reason but, man! I feel like there is so much I want to do at once now. I hadn’t seen a single playoff hockey game yet, I was going through trash TV withdrawl, I had comic books to pick up, scrapbooking to be done and….yikes! I’m on overload.
Now I’m trying to squeeze everything in at once. And it’s going pretty well, I must say. So far today I have managed to catch up on most of the blogs I read regularly (and I have to talk about Cathy Zielske and Wil Wheaton at some point), watched the latest episode of Jericho that I missed (I love it! Am I the only one?), exercised (bonus), read the latest episode of Buffy (which will have a dedicated post real soon) and am watching Run’s House while I’m waiting for game 3 of the San Jose/Nashville series to start. Whew! I didn’t think I could pull it off but I needed to.
Over the last week things have been a little crazy. I’ve been in Cincinnatti with my mom and son since Thursday and it was great. It was really fantastic to spend all of that time with them. Getting out of my normal routine, though, made my fangirl kick and scream and want to kick the ass of everyone in Corporate America this morning. I was in a bad place when I got to work this morning.
Then a funny thing happened. I managed to work in a few minutes of blog surfing and catching up with everything that I missed and I started to feel a little more balanced. This stuff feeds the inner geek and the creative part of my personality that gets stomped down repeatedly during my normal days at the office. You forget how important those little releases are.
(sidebar: What’s up with the NY Islander fans?! I’ve gotten stuck watching the end of the Buffalo/NY game and because of a somewhat questionable penalty I now have to wait for them to clean all sorts of crap off of the ice! Come on…hats, okay. Octopus – sure, once in a while. But garbage? Get it together.)
So, long story not so short, here’s what I need to get out there to remind myself to elaborate later:
- I really dig Cathy Zielske.
- I dig Wil Wheaton even more today.
- The new Buffy comic rocks! After I finished this last issue I felt a longing that I have missed for a long time.
- Speaking of comic books – there’s no substance anymore! I can read an average comic book in 5-10 minutes. That means I make it through my pathetic stack in like a half an hour! That’s unexceptable. It used to take 20 minutes easy to get through a good book.
- I can’t quite figure out why I like Jericho so much but I do. Nobody else I know watches it and I just don’t get that.
- Bones is awesome. I know it wasn’t on this week but I watched last week’s episode again.
- The new Stanely Cup commercials suck so far. This is probably due, mostly, to the fact that Versus really sucks, too.
- I just realized that Joss Whedon is now writing Runaways, too.
I feel a lot better now. Gotta go – the game’s finally on!