I didn’t start blogging when I wanted. I’m totally okay with that at this point. Yes, I’ve still got things in the work. But now, I’m not going to wait for everything fall into place before I actually put a post out here.
In my little microcosm called “the office” I see way to many examples of bureaucracy making a one-hour project into something that takes 6 months and a committee of people to complete (kinda sounds like the US Government, doesn’t it). I also realized that I’ve been doing the same thing in my head. The search for the perfect post, perfect direction for the blog, perfect item to start making and selling in the shop – it’s all amounted to a lot of my own self-imposed “red tape”.
I’m done. Completely. Over. It.
- I took my new blog header back to its roots. It’s a whole bunch of images of my favorite things – those things that always get me excited no matter how old they get. Some are hard to see, some are personal, but take a look and see how many you can identify. Maybe I can add them all in large scope somewhere, too. I wonder if Picasa can create an interactive on-line collage?
- I went to see Anti-Flag this past weekend and I can’t wait to talk about it.
- I’ve paired down my TV viewing and am enjoying some old favorites again.
- I was behind a car that had a bumper sticker on the back that read “Grr Argh” and was able to have a total geek moment with a complete stranger.
- I can tell Greek is back on the air because searches for Cappie are topping my blog stats right now.